Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- ARK 2 Trailer Launch – ARK: The Animated Series Details Revealed - June 15, 2022
- The PC Gaming Show Recap - June 15, 2022
- Wakfu inspired rogue lite Deckbuilder One more gate announcement trailer + Steam next fest demo - June 15, 2022
Learn the Way of the Ninja and Overcome Unforgiving Foes on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
BURLINGAME, Calif. – June 10, 2021 – Today, KOEI TECMO America and famed developer Team NINJA launched the long-awaited and highly-anticipated NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 (playable on PlayStation®5 via Backward Compatibility), the Xbox One consoles (playable on Xbox Series X|S via Backward Compatibility), and Windows PC via Steam®. To celebrate the launch, KOEI TECMO America released an action-packed new trailer teasing the unforgiving white-knuckle gameplay of the NINJA GAIDEN series!
The NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection brings the nostalgic yet timeless high-speed action of the NINJA GAIDEN series to the current generation of consoles, allowing both newcomers and returning fans the opportunity to enjoy exhilarating battles against fearsome opponents. Players will follow the adventures of Super Ninja Ryu Hayabusa across three of his most renowned 3D outings – each packed with most of the previously released game modes and DLC costumes. Games featured in the Master Collectioninclude:
- NINJA GAIDEN Sigma (originally released in 2007): Vengeance is born. The greater fiend Doku, sent by the Vigoor Empire to obtain the Dark Dragon Blade, decimates Hayabusa village. Young Ryu Hayabusa sets out to avenge his clan and to take back the fallen blade from the evil empire.
- NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 (originally released in 2009): Hayabusa faces off against the Supreme Ninja Overlord, Genshin, and his Black Spider Ninja Clan in their attempt to steal the Demon Statue that has been protected by his father for generations. Hayabusa ventures around the world on a quest to retrieve the Demon Statue as he cuts down all greater fiends in his path to ultimately destroy the Archfiend.
- NINJA GAIDEN 3 Razor’s Edge (originally released in 2012): A mysterious alchemist, the Regent of the Mask, places a deadly curse on Hayabusa, as the Dragon Sword is absorbed into his arm causing great pain and suffering. While he struggles with his curse, the Regent intends to destroy the world within 7 days – meaning Hayabusa must overcome his agonising fate to stop the Regent and save the world.
The collection comes as a digital-only offering with both a Standard version, containing all three games in the knockout collection, and a Deluxe Edition containing all of the games, a beautifully vibrant 70-page digital art book, and a digital soundtrack featuring over 180 tracks from the series. KOEI TECMO America announced that Steam® users that purchase either version of the game within the first week of launch will receive a 10% discount.