- Cyberpunk 2077 Director, Voice Actress Headline MomoCon’s Digital December Event - December 3, 2020
- Tinkertown, Headup’s Cheerful 16-bit Sandbox Adventure RPG, Arrives on Steam Today | Headup - December 3, 2020
- Once upon a time in the wild, wild west… - December 3, 2020
AMC Games’ Airplane Mode Arrives Today on PC and Mac
Experience a Flight from JFK to Halifax or Reykjavik—in Real-Time—in this Unusual Simulation Game
New York, NY — October 15, 2020 — Flight attendants, prepare the doors for arrival and crosscheck — AMC Games is pleased to announce that Airplane Mode is now available on Steam for $11.99 USD. Created by Hosni Auji and Bacronym Games, this passenger simulator is a chance for players to unplug and enjoy a transatlantic journey from JFK to Halifax or Reykjavik in real time.
Airplane Mode simulates everything that happens between boarding a flight and arriving at your destination, including crying babies, spotty wi-fi, the possibility of turbulence, and the choice between a delicious fish or chicken dinner. No two flights in Airplane Mode are ever the same, because flight events and circumstances are randomized for a replayable travel experience.
“It’s hard to believe that this once strange idea for a game, which I was almost too timid to make, is now going to be out there for people to experience and, hopefully, enjoy,” said Hosni Auji. “Airplane Mode wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work of my team and support of the folks at AMC Games. Now that the game has taken off, I look forward to seeing the response…and the opportunity to come up with more aviation puns.”
“One of my favorite things about this title is that it really pushes the boundaries of gaming,” said Clayton Neuman, VP of Gaming for AMC. ”At AMC Games, we’re always trying to give players a memorable, unusual, or exciting experience, and Airplane Mode definitely fits at least one of those descriptions. We’re thrilled for players to finally get their hands on this one-of-a-kind game.”
Game highlights include:
● Entertainment. Airplane Mode includes a variety of in-game content, such as podcasts, videos, music and more—and some of these are exclusive to the game. For example, the Podcasts app on your in-game phone includes an ambient music podcast available only inside Airplane Mode
● Authenticity. Infamous game designer Bennett Foddy lends his voice and personality as the voice of your captain throughout the flight. Before takeoff, you’ll view an inflight safety video produced by AMC Games’ “slightly off” network sibling IFC.
● Simplicity. Unlike other aviation games, there is no learning curve with Airplane Mode. You can start relaxing from the very first minute, with no need for extensive tutorials or instructions.
● Discovery. Randomized flight events create a different experience every time. Will your flight be smooth through clear skies, or will you experience turbulence and stormy weather? Will you be annoyed with crying babies and a delayed arrival, or will you find enjoyment and peace on your journey?
● Perseverance. Depending on your mood and mindset, your flight may be challenging instead of relaxing. Will your brain successfully battle boredom and allow you to arrive at your destination?
● Comfort. Enjoy the experience and quiet familiarity of flying without the worries and discomfort of real-life air travel — no lost baggage, no leg cramps, and no jetlag!
Airplane Mode is available exclusively on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/931310/Airplane_Mode/
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014. The network’s series The Walking Dead is the highest-rated series in cable history. AMC’s current original drama series are Better Call Saul, Fear the Walking Dead, Soulmates, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and forthcoming 61st Street, Kevin Can F*** Himself and Pantheon. AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like Talking Dead, AMC Visionaries and Ride with Norman Reedus. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
IFC is the home of offbeat, unexpected comedies. Acclaimed series Documentary Now!, Brockmire, Baroness von Sketch Show, Sherman’s Showcase and Year of the Rabbit air alongside fan-favorite movies and comedic cult TV shows. IFC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., and available across multiple platforms. IFC is Always On, Slightly Off.
Airplane Mode: The Most Realistic Flight Simulation Ever Created