FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Battle the Alien Horde on PS4 and Xbox One — Action-Packed Sci-Fi Tactical RPG Spaceland Available Now
Stomp Xenos in this Classically Inspired Sci-Fi Exploration and Tactics Game
KALININGRAD (FEBRUARY 14, 2020) — Valentine’s Day is traditionally a time to celebrate love, but today, developer Tortuga Team and publisher Ellada Games are inviting you to bring the pain to evil aliens in their newly released tactical RPG for Xbox One and PS4 — Spaceland. In the game, players take on the roles of various members of a futuristic away team — dropping into alien bases and battling threats in a fast-paced reworking of the traditional Tactical RPG formula.
In Spaceland, battles are quick and merciless. There’s no time wasted on choosing character costumes, load-outs, and other nitty-gritty details, as each character is already kitted for immediate action. Gameplay focuses on skilled team member placement for the best line of sight and setting up optimal shots! Speed and smart unit placement is the order of the day in this streamlined take on classic tactical RPGs!
View the new trailer for Spaceland
Spaceland is the latest creation from Tortuga Team, the developers behind the successful multiplatform fantasy tactical RPG series – Braveland. The game drops players into the boots of a tough-as-nails tactical team of Space Rangers as they explore an alien world and defeat its vicious denizens in turn-based combat. Shoot, kick, hide, blast, crush — do whatever you can to outsmart and defeat the alien menace!
In the classic traditions of the science-fiction genre, you’ll be tasked with gathering a team of fighters to unravel secrets of the mystical planet your valiant team has landed on. Rich dialogues will reveal the true colors of your teammates, and if you’re lucky, you’ll uncover special details of their individual backstories.
Features of Spaceland Include:
- We’re Going Old-School: Inspired by classics of the genre such as XCOM, Laser Squad, and Incubation, Spaceland turns up the heat on the battlefield by offering a playstyle that is familiar, yet uniquely exciting
- Quick N’ Fun: Fast and furious battles focus on the action and only take 10-15 minutes. Planning is good, but blasting is better!
- Packing the Heat: Equip your team with futuristic weapons such as Dash Thrusters, Grenades, Teleporters, Mines, Power Shields, and much more! Scavenge surroundings for equipment and ammo in a hostile environment with scarce resources.
- Explore and Exterminate: Discover the secrets of alien bases as you explore them, unlocking new data and expanding your digital encyclopedia of alien info — all of which will help you annihilate them with ease
- A Beast for Every Occasion: Fight for your life against alien lifeforms that feature speed, strength, armor, and more — all challenging your tactical mettle as you figure out the best way to defeat each type
A full press kit, including screenshots, logos, and new trailer can be found here: https://uberstrategist.link/spaceland_pkit
About Tortuga Team
Based in Kaliningrad, Tortuga Team was formed by Anton Mikhailov and Dmitry Pyalov. Mikhailov has worked as a designer on popular strategy titles including the King’s Bounty franchise and Space Rangers, while Pyalov is a veteran software developer and creator. The company was formed to create accessible strategy titles, starting with its popular series of Braveland titles on PC and console.
ABOUT ELLADA GAMES
Established in 2013 by a team of friends, Ellada Games is an independent game development studio and publisher on PC and console. Current titles published or developed by Ellada include The Tiny Bang Story, Braveland Trilogy, and Niffelheim. Ellada’s team is united not only by friendship and family bonds but by their love of games and game development.
Senior Director, UberStrategist Inc.
Playstation is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. “PS4” is a trademark of the same company.