Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- Shenmue III Receives Its 2nd Piece of DLC On 18 February - February 17, 2020
- [Press Release] Battle the Alien Horde on PS4 and Xbox One —Action-Packed Sci-Fi Tactical RPG Spaceland Available Now - February 17, 2020
- POLISH PUBLISHER KLABATER BRINGS STORY-DRIVEN SURVIVAL GAMES TO PAX EAST 2020 - February 17, 2020
This is a Press Release by, tinyBuild
Announcing Mayhem in Single Valley:
Stranger Things meets Zelda with radioactive squirrels
The new top-down action-adventure of an epic scale is coming to PC in late 2020.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. February 11, 2020. Developer Fluxscopic and publisher tinyBuild are excited to announce that the top-down action-adventure Mayhem in Single Valley is going to be released on PC in 2020. Watch the announcement trailer here:
Mayhem in Single Valley is a thoughtful pixel-art action-adventure mixing an almost Zelda-like vast world with the supernatural retro feel of Stranger Things.
The game tells a story of a local boy Jack, who was supposed to leave home for a new life in the city, but the plans changed due to a series of earth-shattering events. The radioactive spillage mysteriously finds its way into the river, contaminating the surrounding fauna and making that somber suburbia a center of the apocalypse.
The game story unfolds throughout a wide variety of locations with dozens of unique physics and light puzzles and enemies with their motivations and fears that you may use to your adventure.
Mayhem in Single Valley comes to PC in 2020. If you’re attending PAX East in Boston this year, stop by our booth to try the game.
- Physics-based puzzles meet fast-paced action-adventure in the gorgeous pixel art.
- Go from downtown to the underground caves and from secret labs to the broken version of reality.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Enemies and NPCs have a variety of motivations and fears, use them to your advantage.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack. You decide what music you’d like to accompany your battles.
- Plane crashes, car chases, making clones of yourself…
- Oh, did we already mention radioactive squirrels?
Fluxscopic is a video game development studio established in 2014 by Brian Cullen in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. After making his solo debut game You Are Not a Banana, Brian decided to create a company that would merge the best of gaming’s past with the design sensibilities of today’s indie scene.
The team of 5 currently works out of a cozy basement studio, where the long cold winters and subsequent cabin fever serves as an invaluable tool for generating ideas. Production of the studio’s first full-length game Mayhem in Single Valley began in March 2018.
tinyBuild is a Seattle-based indie label behind the Hello Neighbor franchise and over 30 renowned titles, including Graveyard Keeper, SpeedRunners and Party Hard. With additional development offices in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Riga, Latvia, tinyBuild is rapidly building a portfolio of fun, high-quality games across multiple platforms.