Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- Nintendo Switch Achieves Its Best Week of Sales Ever in the U.S. - December 5, 2019
- Free Jumbo Demo for Dragon Quest Builders 2 on PC - December 5, 2019
- DREADLANDS – BETA BEGIN TODAY - December 5, 2019
This is a Press Release by, Kalypso Media and Independent Arts Software
RAILWAY EMPIRE PREPARES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH EXPANSION
Nintendo Switch Release Announced for Hit Rail Tycoon Sim
Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition makes the railway sim playable any time, anywhere and will launch with a physical edition and digitally, on Nintendo eShop. This new edition of the game includes the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch), alongside the Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC. The Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will also be available as additional purchases via Nintendo eShop.
For more information, please visit the Kalypso Store.
Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition
Platform(s): PC (Windows, Mac, Linux), PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
Developer: Gaming Minds Studios,
Independent Arts Software
Genre: Tycoon simulator
Release: Out now (PC, PlayStation®4,
Xbox One), 14/02/20 (Nintendo Switch)
Store links: Kalypso Store | Steam | PlayStation Store | Xbox Game Store | Nintendo eShop
In Railway Empire, create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modeled in extraordinary detail, build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to stay ahead of the competition. Hire and manage a talented workforce to ensure an efficient train service, while also developing over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to trains and workplace infrastructures through five eras of technological innovations.
However, the competition never sleeps with three rival tycoons fiercely competing for business. Stay on top by attacking and sabotaging opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game and be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is an independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 100 employees in 7 locations in Germany, England and the USA. The group includes Kalypso Media Group GmbH in Worms, Kalypso Media UK Ltd. in Bracknell, Kalypso Media USA Inc. in Ridgewood, Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. in Great Britain and Kalypso Media Mobile in Hamburg/Germany. With Realmforge Studios (Munich) and Gaming Minds Studios (Gütersloh), the company also has two development studios of its own.
Kalypso Media’s products include the Tropico series, popular with critics and players alike, the Dungeons series, the successful new Sudden Strike series, the tycoon saga Railway Empire and the fan favourite Dungeons 3. Since July 2018, the IP portfolio of Kalypso Media Group GmbH has also included all rights to the titles of the legendary Pyro Studios (Commandos, Imperial Glory, Praetorians). With Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, the redesigned versions of these PC strategy classics will be released on 24 January 2020, with console versions to follow in Spring 2020. The launch of the PC version of Tropico 6, released in March 2019, was the largest launch in the company’s history, while the console versions followed in September 2019. In addition, the Tropico franchise is also available for the first time on mobile platforms with Tropico for iPad/iPhone/Android. The hit tycoon sim Railway Empire gets an additional platform on February 14, 2020 with Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition. A new IP, Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars, is available in closed beta on PC now and will release on PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in Spring 2020. Spacebase Startopia and Port Royale 4 have also been announced for release in Q3 2020 on PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.