Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- Shenmue III Receives Its 2nd Piece of DLC On 18 February - February 17, 2020
- [Press Release] Battle the Alien Horde on PS4 and Xbox One —Action-Packed Sci-Fi Tactical RPG Spaceland Available Now - February 17, 2020
- POLISH PUBLISHER KLABATER BRINGS STORY-DRIVEN SURVIVAL GAMES TO PAX EAST 2020 - February 17, 2020
This is a Press Release by, Glyph Worlds
MASSIVE SCALE REAL-TIME STRATEGY ‘WAR SELECTION’ ENTERS EARLY ACCESS TODAY
WAGE WAR ACROSS HISTORY WITH UP TO 62 PLAYERS
Krasnoyarsk, Russia, October 8, 2019 — Independent developer Glyph Worlds is proud to announce that their epic RTS of unprecedented scale War Selection is now available through Steam’s Early Access program. The game launches as a free-to-play title with an option to subscribe and unlock subscriber-only matches featuring additional technologies in each era, the ability to make private matches, and participation in votes to determine new features for the game.
War Selection starts players off in the Stone Age during each game while the player chooses its path to victory by advancing through the eras as you modify your culture to your playstyle. Each variety of era has its own technological upgrades and visual style based on the culture it comes from. For example, advancing through the Iron Age as Asia confers different bonuses than going through as a European empire. These options let players customize the way they play and choose the strategy that suits them. Single and multiplayer modes add variety to gameplay, especially the Armageddon mode. A massive 62 players will be supported, with the smallest empires getting bombarded with meteors as time progresses in the Armageddon mode, forcing constant conflict as the pressure to expand continues to build.
War Selection was created in Glyph Worlds’ custom-built GlyphEngine. The proprietary engine was developed with online strategy and MOBA features in mind to support a tremendous amount of active objects as well as the staggering 64-player multiplayer games.
“We can’t wait to see the community build up around War Selection. We hope to create a close-knit fanbase of players through our ability to host matches of such an incredible size. We’re very proud of our ability to have 62 players simultaneously fighting in an RTS and look forward to observing the tactics, strategies, and politics that come about in our game.”says Roman Budkeev, CEO of Glyph Worlds
- Tons of Units and Buildings – More than 100 different buildings and 200 different kinds of units (Land, Sea) are present across the ages.
- Customize Your Culture – Choose which culture you will align with as you advance through the ages, carving your own distinct path through history. Begin in the Stone Age, and specialize in European or Asian cultures as the game progresses to unlock specialize technologies, buildings, and units.
- Massive Multiplayer Wars – Over 62 players on a single match leads to true chaos as wars break out all over the map.
- Varied Modes and Competitive Styles – Against players, fight in free-for-alls, team battles, or Armageddon.
About Glyph Worlds:
Glyph worlds is an independent studio based in Siberia, Russia. The team is composed of seasoned developers with a common passion for all things related to world historical conflicts. Their current project War Selection, scheduled to hit Steam early access on October 8, is a Massively Online Multiplayer strategy game in which players engage in colossal battles while building and managing entire civilizations.