This is a Press Release by, Lionbite Games
Rain of Reflections is finally here.
Stockholm, October 4, 2019 – Experience a complex dystopian story in this ambitious new adventure game featuring hacking, stealth and turn-based strategy.
Indie studio Lionbite Games has released the story-driven tactics-adventure game Rain of Reflections on Windows PC via Steam, available today for 10% off in celebration of launch. Throughout the journey, you’ll face tense turn-based strategy encounters with destructible elements and a range of tactical challenges, including stealth, dialogue, hacking and combat.
Rain of Reflections’ debut chapter – “Set Free” – follows Wilona, a scientist trying to cure a global epidemic of infertility in a future dystopian world. When Wilona begins to question the experiments she’s running on the planet’s lastborn child, she sets off a life-or-death quest that’ll take her through the pristine towers of the elite, the derelict slums of the underclass, and the sterile halls of the state’s labs.
Your dialogue choices can convince, defuse or outsmart other characters in fully voiced conversations, but they can also affect your friends and foes in combat, helping to change the tide of battle at a critical moment. The game’s unique motivation system means that Wilona’s relationships with characters impact how you can approach situations, allowing various paths to accomplish your goals, some more aggressive than others.
Setting key events in motion, “Set Free” introduces the player to the game world and its mechanics:
- Actively choose every single line spoken by the protagonist, to convince, defuse or outsmart a variety of strong-willed, multifaceted characters in fully voice acted dialogues.
- Explore richly varied environments ranging from the sophisticated upper class Stem, to the flooded slums of the Trench, the twisted Temple, the heavily guarded Waste Plant and the coldly clinical Labs.
- Engage in a turn-based strategy system with a range of tactical options where you seamlessly can choose to move stealthily, speak or open fire with precise, calculated shots causing environmental destruction and affecting the enemy’s motivation.
- Breach computer systems, crack locks and eavesdrop on radio frequencies through a variety of hacking puzzles.
- Choose how you play – point and click your character to where you want them to go using a mouse, or gain direct control of their movement with a gamepad.
- Contemplate every choice in a system that halts to await your every input, but make sure you tread lightly – once a choice is made, its consequences will be definitive and may affect characters living or dying and even the very outcome of the story…
Rain of Reflections is being created by indie studio Lionbite Games – a small, ambitious team based in Stockholm, Sweden – and first chapter “Set Free” is out now for PC in the coming months.