Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition Officially Launched for Nintendo Switch and Steam - October 19, 2019
- [Kingdom Under Fire 2 News] Introducing the Elementalist Character Class - October 19, 2019
- NIER Alliance Raid Gameplay Debut in FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 5.1 Trailer – Out October 29th - October 19, 2019
This is a Press Release by, Grinding Gear Games
Path of Exile: Blight Infects the PC Today; September 9th on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One
Fungal growths are spreading through Wraeclast; and you’re the exterminator on a mission
Auckland, New Zealand – September 6th, 2019 – Grinding Gear Games announced today that the latest expansion to their award-winning RPG, Path of Exile: Blight, will launch today for the PC, with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions available on Monday, September 9th (1pm pacific time). Path of Exile: Blight merges the exciting action combat of PoE with the strategy of classic tower defense games.
Path of Exile: Blight introduces a new NPC, Sister Cassia, who educates the player about the dangerous fungal grows that are spreading through Wraeclast. These growths infect and control the minds of nearby monsters, but Sister Cassia has built a pump that can drain the ichor from the growths to render them harmless. Players must deploy a range of towers to help protect the pump while it does its work.
As with all Path of Exile expansions, Blight introduces a wide selection of new skills, items and balance changes.including significant revamps to a few key character archtypes; the Necromancer, the Poison Assassin and the Mine Saboteur.
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
More information about specific features of Path of Exile: Blight can be found at: Path of Exile Blight features
Path of Exile continues to be one of the largest online Action RPGs with continual, massive audience growth. Successful launches on the Xbox One and in China have more than doubled the Path of Exile player community since August 2017, with over 3.5 million players having played the game’s 2017 expansion, Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath. Over the past 18 months, the number of people playing Path of Exile worldwide has doubled.
Path of Exile was released in October 2013 to critical acclaim including winning GameSpot’s PC Game of the Year award. Since its launch, Path of Exile has become a global community of over 20 million players including localized versions in English, German, French, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai and Brazilian Portuguese. Path of Exile was listed as one of the top ten most-played games on Steam in 2018.
About Grinding Gear Games
Grinding Gear Games is a game studio founded in 2006 and based in Auckland, New Zealand. Its team members come from various countries and have a diversity of backgrounds ranging from artificial intelligence and software security to industrial design and professional tournament gaming. GGG recently released its flagship title, Path of Exile, and is committed to ongoing expansion and new content releases for the critically acclaimed game. In 2018, Tencent acquired a majority interest in Grinding Gear Games.