Latest posts by DarkLunarDude (see all)
- Super Neptunia RPG – PC/PS4 Compare/Contrast Review - November 20, 2019
- Crystar – PS4 Review - November 4, 2019
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Definitive Edition – PS4 review - October 25, 2019
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie
Developer: Game Atelier
Publisher: FDG Entertainment
Release Date: 2019
Edited by Thorstag
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is a great time, even with the few bumps it does possess in the gameplay. The game’s story, while I only had a few hours to play with it, was attention-grabbing from the start and tied in with mostly smooth controlling gameplay elements quite nicely.
- Reactive and fast-paced combat, as well as controls
- The cutesy but well-animated art style
- Good puzzle difficulty
- Minor input delays can cause moves not to happen as they should
DarkLunarDude gives Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom a Drastik Measure of 8.5 out of 10.0 (85)
For the price of $39.99 on the PlayStation Network, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom sets itself apart from other platformers of the same genre.