Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition Officially Launched for Nintendo Switch and Steam - October 19, 2019
- [Kingdom Under Fire 2 News] Introducing the Elementalist Character Class - October 19, 2019
- NIER Alliance Raid Gameplay Debut in FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 5.1 Trailer – Out October 29th - October 19, 2019
This is a Press Release by, Liquid Bit
KILLER QUEEN BLACK SWARMS RETAILERS THIS SUMMER
Pre-orders are now available for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One with exclusive controller skins
EDISON, NEW JERSEY – May 28, 2019 – Killer Queen Black strategic eight-player arcade action platformer from Liquid Bit and BumbleBear Games, arrives at retailers this Summer for Nintendo Switch and in Fall for the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, courtesy of distributor Nighthawk Interactive. Priced at $29.99, the Nintendo Switch and Xbox retail editions include exclusive Killer Queen Black-themed controller skins. Pre-orders are currently available for both platforms through GameStop (Switch, Xbox), Amazon (Switch, Xbox) and Best Buy (Switch, Xbox), and coming soon to Target.
Inspired by the arcade esport phenomenon Killer Queen, Killer Queen Black harkens back to its arcade roots with a Glam Rock-inspired 16-bit pixel art style and rocking ’80s metal tunes to match. Players battle for the hive online in two teams of four (Gold versus Blue), comprised of one Queen and three Workers, and can face opponents from other platforms with full cross-play across Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox One.
Killer Queen Black introduces the new Black team, recognizable by their special, glowing outfits. Any team that faces and triumphs over the Black team dethrones them and takes their place on the stream. These relentless competitions will be constantly streamed online to spotlight skilled gameplay and keep the buzz going around the coveted Black team position.
The Killer Queen Black physical edition includes:
· Cross-Platform Multiplayer – Fast-paced and reactive multiplayer awaits two teams of four players each to compete across six different maps. Complete cross-platform functionality enables Nintendo Switch, PC and Xbox One players to team up and battle it out as they aspire to ascend the ranks and become the dreaded Black team;
· Three Victory Conditions – A match ends once one team has won three times, and wins can be achieved in three ways. Workers can earn an Economic Victory by collecting berries on the battlefield and bringing them back to their home base. Soldiers and Queens can claim a Military Victory by slaying the opposing team’s Queen three times. And, sometimes slow and steady wins the race with the Snail Victory, which players can earn by slowly riding the snail waiting in the middle of each map back to base;
· Three Game Modes – Quick Matches are ready for those eager to leap into the fray, Ranked for those who want to rise to the top, while Custom games offer a private sandbox for players to invite friends or play with AI.
· Exclusive Controller Skins – Players can flaunt their dedication to becoming the Black team with exclusive themed Nintendo Switch Joy-Con and Xbox Wireless Controller skins, made of top 3M vinyl skin material with precision fit and is easy to apply and remove.
About Liquid Bit
The Chicago-based Liquid Bit Liquid Bit is a group of builders, dreamers, designers, and developers. We make games that bring people together through innovative gameplay and design. We want to challenge you with games that are easy to learn but hard to master. We want to go beyond just a game and deliver a connected experience. We believe that good software should elicit an emotional response. But most of all, we believe that games are just more fun when played together.
To learn more about Liquid Bit please visit the studio’s official website.
About BumbleBear Games
BumbleBear makes games for smart people to play together in public spaces. Its “platform”, the New Arcade, is a blend of digital and physical worlds through arcade cabinets, installations, and VR. The team is based in Brooklyn, NY.
To learn more about BumbleBear Games, please visit the studio’s official website.
About Nighthawk Interactive
Built by a team of industry veterans, Nighthawk Interactive aims to combine their proven experience with the ever-changing needs of modern game development. With a strong focus on publishing, co-publishing, retail distribution and business development support, Nighthawk is about helping developers make the great games we love to play.
For more information about Nighthawk, visit www.NighthawkInteractive.com, and follow us on Twitter at (@NH_Interactive).