Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- HITMAN 2 Elusive Target – “The Politician” – Available Now - March 10, 2019
- Cities: Skylines Celebrates Fourth Anniversary and Six Million Copies Sold - March 10, 2019
- Subnautica: Below Zero Seatruck Update - March 10, 2019
This is a Press Release by, Paradox Interactive
Cities: Skylines Celebrates Fourth Anniversary and Six Million Copies Sold
17 million days played, 40 million cities built, over two trillion citizens, and growing
Let there be cake! Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order released Cities: Skylines for Windows, MacOS and Linux four years ago this Sunday, March 10. Since its last birthday, the best-selling city-building game has sold over a million MORE copies – more than six million to-date, but who’s counting? (We are.) Prepare for a deluge of delightful numbers.
- Total playtime: 16,938,045 days
- Total population: 2,185,317,000,000 (Holy reproduction, mayors – that’s over two trillion people! Earth, on the other hand, has a measly eight billion at best.)
- Cities built: 39,733,045
- Unpopular mayors: 1,911,067
- Paradox Plazas built: 7,007,128
- Most popular building: Wind turbine
- Mods created by the community: 175,970
“When we first launched Cities: Skylines, we knew it was special, but we never dreamed how far players would take it,” said Sandra Neudinger, Cities: Skylines Product Manager at Paradox Interactive. “The community is the heart and soul of the game – we’re just here to give them the tools they want and need to make it their own,” added Mariina Hallikainen, CEO of Colossal Order.
To celebrate turning four and fabulous, the Cities: Skylines community team has special events planned all weekend. If you ever wanted to have your own Chirper in the game, now is your chance. Share your best Chirper design on the Cities: Skylines social channels for a chance to see it in-game. After entry submissions end on Monday, Colossal Order will add the best Chirpy design into Cities: Skylines for everyone to enjoy. Also, keep an eye out for free radio DLC giveaways from some top Cities creators!
Over the past four years, Cities: Skylines has become a pillar in the simulation genre, and one of the top-selling video games in the world. Aside from the PC edition, console versions are also available for Playstation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
For more information please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/