Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- JUMP FORCE, the Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza, Launches Today - February 15, 2019
- Ring of Elysium launches new security features and optimization - February 14, 2019
- Embark on an All-New Adventure in DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 For the PlayStation 4 System - February 14, 2019
This is a Press Release by, Other Ocean
Take on the harsh climate and hidden traitors as Project Winter ramps up for its open beta this weekend before launching in Early Access on February 7th
January 31, 2019 – You thought the frigid grip of the bitter cold could be your end – or maybe you’d be ripped apart by the fierce wildlife. Never did you think a trusted ally would plunge a pickaxe into your back…that you didn’t see coming.
Fans of social deception and survival will be captivated with Other Ocean’s Project Winter during the free open beta period, Feb 1-3, 2019. Immerse yourself in this 8-person multiplayer, where players are randomly assigned the role of Traitor or Survivor. Work cohesively to complete survival tasks by gathering resources, repairing structures, and braving the elements (beware the odd grizzly bear attack). Communication and teamwork are essential to Survivors’ ultimate goal of escape. You’ll discover secret traitors within the group who steadily gain strength as the match progresses. Armed with walkie-talkies and able to communicate at a distance, the traitors’ only goal is to stop the survivors from escaping – by any means necessary. Survivors and Traitors alike can sign up for free on Project Winter’s website.
Project Winter will release, with controller support, for Windows PC into early access on the Steam Store, Humble Bundle, and Greenman Gaming for USD 19.99. The game was developed in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador with valued support from the Canada Media Fund.
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor amongst a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Amongst the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors who are selected at random. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes. Communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins. They may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.
About Other Ocean Group
Founded in 2006, Other Ocean has focused on developing original titles (Giant Cop, #IDARB, RAD Boarding) and franchise products (Super Monkey Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Mortal Kombat). Other Ocean has worked on such industry leading licenses as Minecraft, Rick and Morty, Toy Story, The Simpsons, South Park, NBA, Green Lantern, Spiderman, and X-Men. As a third-party developer, Other Ocean’s Ultra Street Fighter for PlayStation 4 is now the staple in multiple and massively successful Street Fighter Tournaments around the world. Similarly, our third-party work on Intellectual Property such as NBA Rush, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Mega Man have all achieved tremendous commercial success. Other Ocean Group has won 2 Xbox Live Arcade awards, several Editor’s Choice Awards, been nominated for several Gamespot Best Game Awards and won a best of show award at E3. The Project Winter development team is located in the St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador studio in Canada. The company has development studios in St. John’s and Charlottetown, Canada and Emeryville, California and a quality assurance company, Sculpin QA in PEI and NL, Canada. www.otherocean.com