Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- En Masse Entertainment teams up with Twitch for tons of free stuff across all of its games - March 22, 2019
- AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES OUT ON JULY 25 WORLDWIDE - March 22, 2019
- Super Phantom Cat is Now Live on Nintendo Switch - March 22, 2019
This is a press release from Motion Twin.
Dead Cells Catapults Out of Early Access on August 7, 2018
Console Version Includes 20% Off Pre-Order Discount
Dead Cells – the illegitimate child of the modern roguelite and an old-school metroidvania game – fully launches digitally on PC, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on August 7, 2018 for 24.99$/€. To celebrate this announcement, Motion Twin has released a hot new trailer.
The console version of Dead Cells includes a special 20% off pre-order discount on Dead Cells for 19.99$/€ available now (Nintendo of America pre-order goes live on July 18). There will be no launch discount, so this will be the only chance for console players to save some money before launch. As previously announced, physical versions of Dead Cells are also available to pre-order from Signature Edition Games for PC, PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch.
Bringing the best of roguelite replayability and metroidvania-style permanent upgrades, Dead Cells aims to bring you permadeath, without the frustration of starting again. With almost 1 million copies sold on PC, you can be sure you’ll find something for you while you explore the interconnect levels, upgrade your weapons, take on formidable enemies and learn to master the game.
The core of the roguelite is player skill and personal progression, those unbeatable enemies from the first level? Stick with it and they’ll be nothing but a footnote in an exhilarating fight through to the final boss.
At launch, Dead Cells will include:
- 13 Levels – Each one with its own atmosphere, foes and secrets to discover.
- 4 Bosses – Made by the most sadistic of the devs, raised on the salt of the testers.
- 80 or so weapons and skills – Spears, swords, bows, freeze blast, etc.
- 4 special powers, unlocking new areas and paths (metroidvania gear lock items).
- 1 Daily Run Mode Complete with leaderboards for lording it over your mates (PC version only).
Dead Cells is currently available in Early Access on Steam and GOG.com for $24.99 USD. The game will fully launch on August 7, 2018 for PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch for the same price. Pre-orders available now with a 20% discount on consoles.
About Dead Cells:
Dead Cells is a Roguevania action-platformer, allowing you to explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle … assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers. To finish the game, you’ll have to master fluid, fast-paced combat with the ever-present threat of permadeath looming. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat. https://dead-cells.com/
About Motion Twin:
Motion Twin is an anarcho-syndical (seriously) workers cooperative that’s been making games in France since 2001. No boss, equal pay, equal say. It’s an experiment and an experience! http://www.motion-twin.com/