Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG
Developer: White Rabbit
Publisher: Adult Swim Games
Release Date: Aug 14, 2018
Edited by KnightAvenger
Death’s Gambit is easily one of the best games of 2018 thus far. Combining a Metroidvania and a Souls-like genres pays off well for Death’s Gambit, and it doesn’t feel nearly as punishing as other games in the Souls-like genre. It would be nice to have a co-op feature or multiplayer feature in the game; however, it doesn’t hurt the game too much by not having either. Death’s Gambit is $19.99 (USD) on Steam and worth every penny!
- Interesting story with lots of twists and turns.
- Some, if not THE BEST, pixel art I’ve ever seen.
- Amazing soundtrack.
- Fantastic use of ambient sound effects.
- Combat and game controls are exceptional (except for climbing ladders).
- Several ways to progress your character.
- Many builds and ways to play the game.
- Being able to replay bosses with the heroic encounter feature.
- Climbing ladders is painful. The controls feel like I have to perform brain surgery.
- Check point save system, can’t save on the fly.
Draul gives Death’s Gambit a Drastik Measure of 9.5 out of 10 (95)