The following is a press release from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
Natural Disasters Now Appearing in Cities: Skylines for Console
Fire, Flood, and Falling Stars
STOCKHOLM – May. 2, 2018 — Paradox Interactive today announced a new expansion for Cities: Skylines console from developer Colossal Order. Natural Disasters, one of the biggest hits for Cities PC, will be available for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on May 15.
The new expansion adds a calamitous collection of new features to Cities: Skylines, including new systems for disaster alerts and response — and of course the disasters themselves, which can occur randomly, or be triggered deliberately by monstrous mayors who have never liked their citizens. Also added for free are three new in-game radio stations with a set of pleasant city-building tunes; owners of the Natural Disasters expansion will also get emergency broadcasts and early warnings via the radio.
Natural Disasters includes the following features:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Meteor strikes, forest fires, tsunamis, earthquakes, and more will destroy districts and devastate estates
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations
- This is Not a Test (but it is just a game): New radio systems put the station in devastation with disaster warnings and three free radio stations
- An Objectively Good Feature: A series of pre-made scenarios challenge players with various objectives and conditions
- Chirpocalypse Now: Sweet new hats for Chirper, man
In addition to Natural Disasters, Paradox has also released additional musical DLC for the game’s new in-game radio feature. The Radio Station Pack, available for $7.99, includes Rock City Radio and Relaxation Station, two of Cities: Skylines most popular radio stations. Whether you’re looking to chill or revving to rock, the Radio Station Pack for Cities console has your ears covered.
For more information on Cities: Skylines, visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox also owns White Wolf Interactive, though none of the publisher’s employees are vampires.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden and in Delft, The Netherlands. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.