Developer: Gears for Breakfast
Publisher: Humble Bundle, Inc.
Release Date: December 5th, 2017
A Hat in Time is an absolutely glorious and adorably cute game. Developed by Gears for Breakfast and published onto PS4 by Humble Bundle, this little platformer is a great addition to the PS4’s lineup of games. Much like on the previously released PC Version, the game is made for the curious, both adult and child. With loads of interact-able things and solid platform stages. The levels are robust enough to provide hours of entertainment. The item shops provide reason to replay maps and the story itself isn’t too shabby either.
The music is easy going and light-hearted while the freeform platforming is very refreshing. Seriously, you can end up in the same place five different ways and still not know how you got there. There are some graphical lenience and possible visual glitches, but overall, the game is beautiful. It was very easy to lose myself in exploration for hours. Boss battles are hard, but not impossible and the rest of the game feels like a cakewalk after a boss. For the price of $29.99 USD on the PlayStation Store, I feel that the game is very much worth the asking price.
– Cute as heck
– fluid/dynamic platforming
– Great music to relax with
– Many fun levels
– Cool story, Hat Kid.
– Actual boss fights are wayyyyyyy harder than you think they’d be
– Some graphical/camera angle issues
Lolinia gives A Hat in Time a Drastik Measure of 7.8 out 10.0 (78).
Latest posts by LoliNia (see all)
- TDMoé – My Hero Academia: Two Heroes Anime movie review - September 24, 2018
- TDM News Room – Athlon Games Partners with Middle-earth Enterprises - September 4, 2018
- TDM News Room – NekoNyanSoft Brings AOKANA to the West - August 31, 2018