Genre: Action, Indie, Massively Multiplayer, RPG, Early Access
Publisher: Reverb Triple XP
Release Date: Sep 27, 2017
Edited by KnightAvenger
Valnir Rok is a survival MMORPG and a true survival! It is not, for example, “We blah and added this survival-like feature and now are marketing as survival.” This is, for sure, a survival game with all the PvP, PvE, raiding, and dying from dumb and hilarious stuff like you’d expect. It has many unique features for this genre in its early state, like the RPG elements. Soon, it will even have a full fledged economy system with bounty hunting and merchants.
Although I am excited for this game, this game is still very early and I would not suggest it for the general public yet. As of this build .5.0.4, it still does not have enough of a full loop and enough activities to keep anyone but die hard alpha testers playing. Also, it’s lacking many elements needed to be called an RPG, such as skills, character/story progression, economy, and more questing. Therefore, consider this before buying and then going and giving it a bad review on Steam.
- Great setting and lore
- Easy but deep crafting
- Quest driven tutorial
- Already has smooth game play with no game breaking bugs that I found
- Many building elements geared towards being able to make a nice place
- Stealing from NPC’s homes for loot feels like a more natural way to do it
- Game is still lacking way too many activities
- Needs more to be an RPG
- Targeting for combat and object interaction is clunky and off
- Building is weird and not intuitive
Damian Knight gives Valnir Rok a Drastik Measure of 6 out of 10 (60)
Valnir Rok Survival RPG is available on Steam for $19.99 (USD).