Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- TDM News Room – HIDIVE to Launch Dub of Critically Acclaimed “MADE IN ABYSS” - September 23, 2018
- TDM News Room – Section23 Announce December Slate - September 23, 2018
- TDM News Room – Necrobarista Brewing Up a PS4 Version - August 13, 2018
The following is a press release by Square-Enix
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 10, 2017) – SQUARE ENIX® invites all Warriors of Light to take the journey to Ivalice in FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Stormblood™ Patch 4.1: The Legend Returns. The highly anticipated new story arc and alliance raid will send players to the ruins of the Royal City of Rabanastre as they learn more about the Majestic Imperial Theater Company and unravel the mysteries of the legend of Ivalice.
The Legend Returns also introduces many new quests, battles and other content updates, including:
- Main Scenario Quests – The liberation of Ala Mhigo by the resistance signals the end of an era of tyranny. Lyse and her people now must decide how to greet their future, as Raubahn also faces important decisions of his own.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid Series – Return to Ivalice – Renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY XII / FINAL FANTASY Tactics) and Keita Amemiya—creator of the Garo television and film series, from which the Patch 3.5 PvP gear, weapons, and mount designs originated—lend their talents as guest creators in this thrilling new raid series and story.
- New High-Level Dungeon – Players can delve into the depths of The Drowned City of Skalla, the submerged ruins of a city destroyed by war and filled with promises of treasure and unsolved mysteries of years past.
- The Minstrel’s Ballad: Shinryu’s Domain – Shinryu beckons players to the battlefield once again in a new trial battle that poses an even greater challenge than the original encounter with this fearsome foe.
- New Side Quests – A new chapter in the fan-favorite Hildibrand adventures series arrives, in which Nashu Mhakaracca sets forth in search of her mentor in the Far East.
- Adventurer Squadrons – Players may explore a number of dungeons in solo play by forming a party with their adventurer squadron members. Players can issue commands to squadron members, who will also grow stronger as they hone their skills during these adventures.
- Kojin Beast Tribe Quests – Assist the Blue Kojin in creating their own treasure vault to store their gathered treasures and honor the divine, earning new rewards as you further relationships with this beast tribe.
- New Housing Area – Residential plots of land in the picturesque Shirogane are open to new residents, offering a lifestyle experience like no other in the Hingan paradise.
- New Custom Deliveries – Disciples of the Hand and Land can turn in crafted and gathered items each week to M’naago to help further her cause while learning more about the Resistance Widows and Orphans Fund.
Full details on Patch 4.1, The Legend Returns, are available here: http://sqex.to/FFXIV_Patch4.1/
Additional content updates are also planned following the release of Patch 4.1. Players seeking an even greater challenge can test their skills in the Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) battle in Patch 4.11, scheduled for release two weeks after Patch 4.1, which promises to require even more determination than “Extreme” and “Savage” difficulty battles.
Additionally, Patch 4.15 will introduce Rival Wings, the newest PvP mode featuring 24-v-24 player combat with a brand-new ruleset. Adventurers can take control of mighty goblin creations as they enter the forgotten Sharlayan testing site, Astragalos, and fight and attempt to destroy their opponents’ towers.
The official trailer for Patch 4.1, The Legend Returns, can be viewed here: http://sqex.to/FFXIV_Patch4.1Trailer
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 135 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 71 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 60 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/