Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- TDM News Room – HIDIVE to Launch Dub of Critically Acclaimed “MADE IN ABYSS” - September 23, 2018
- TDM News Room – Section23 Announce December Slate - September 23, 2018
- TDM News Room – Necrobarista Brewing Up a PS4 Version - August 13, 2018
The following is a press release by Square Enix
TIMELESS CLASSIC FINAL FANTASY IX NOW AVAILABLE ON PLAYSTATION 4
Fan Favorite Includes Trophy Support, Share Functionality,
Remote Play for Current Generation Console
LOS ANGELES (Sept. 19, 2017) – During today’s 2017 PlayStation® Press Conference in Japan, SQUARE ENIX® revealed that FINAL FANTASY® IX, is now available digitally for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.
Originally released in 2000, FINAL FANTASY IX for the PlayStation®4 gives players the chance to relive a classic with various enhancements, including:
- High-definition movies and character models
- Auto-save functionality
- Seven optional booster features, including high speed mode and no encounter mode, the Master All Abilities booster, which will allow players to automatically master equipped weapons and gear, as well as features to maximize character levels, magic stone counts and gil
- PlayStation®4 trophy support, share functionality and remote play with the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system
Fans who purchase from the PlayStation®Store will also receive an original PlayStation®4 custom theme designed by Toshiyuki Itahana and eight PlayStation™Network avatars.
In celebration of its release, the game will be available for the discounted price of $16.79 until September 26, and will then be priced at $20.99.
To view the official announcement trailer, visit: https://youtu.be/5LGkTfAYLIc.
For more information, please visit: http://sqex.to/PlayStationFF9.
Related assets are available on the press site: press.na.square-enix.com.
About FINAL FANTASY IX
Consistently regarded as among the best of the entire FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY IX tells the story of the bandit Zidane, princess Garnet, the shy yet powerful black mage Vivi Ornitier, the loyal knight Adelbert Steiner, and other memorable characters for a thrilling fantasy tale of love, war, magic and self-discovery.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 135 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 71 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 60 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/.