Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- TDM News Room – Section23 Announces June Slate - February 22, 2018
- TDM News Room – NEW ONRUSH TRAILER SHOWCASES ALL-ACTION, OVER THE TOP RACING - February 22, 2018
- TDM News Room – Discover New Tools and Master Alchemy - February 21, 2018
The following is a press release by Hollow Tree Games
Shape of the World Set to Hit Steam, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One in Early 2018
VANCOUVER, Canada (August 10, 2017) — Successfully kickstarted first-person exploration game, Shape of the World, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with the help of Plug In Digital and Seaven Studio in early 2018.
Shape of the World casts you as an outsider experiencing a surreal world that reacts to your presence. Journey through vibrant ecosystems that spring to life with psychedelic colors, splashing waterfalls, luminous monoliths and graceful creatures.
A realm that leaves you free to progress at your own pace, without the incessant ticking of the clock. Find yourself pleasantly lost as you summit mountains, fly with whales, raise precipitous boardwalks and slide swiftly to new and ever stranger environments.
Watch the Shape of the World Teaser
Discover the game:
- Experiment with an organic and mysterious ecosystem: Play with mystical animals, ephemeral vegetation and intriguing monoliths.
- A dynamic soundtrack that responds to the player’s travels: The audio environment is a central component of the game, amplifying your experience of the world.
- Procedural Population: The forest only materializes around you when you get close, regrowing in a new way each time you pass. Will you find your way back?
- First-Person Exploration: More than just a walking simulator. Slide, soar and dive through a living world, at once familiar and alien.
Shape of the World was successfully kickstarted in 2015 by Stu Maxwell, who brings a stack of experience as a senior VFX artist having worked on Gears of War 4. “I’ve been pushing hard to bring Shape of the World to life on and off, in my spare time after work, for a few years now. It’s a colorful and surprising place I’ve made for people to relax after a busy day, inspired by all my stress-relieving hikes and bike rides through the old-growth forests of the Pacific Northwest where I live. I’m stoked to finally be so close to getting it into players’ hands!” –Stu Maxwell, Lead Designer at Hollow Tree Games.
Shape of the World will be available on Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One early 2018, with a Mac version following at a later date.
Name: Shape of the World
Developer: Hollow Tree Games
Publisher: Plug In Digital
Price: $20 (CAD), $16 (USD)
Release Date: Early 2018
Platforms: Windows, PS4, Xbox One