Latest posts by TDM News Room (see all)
- TDM News Room – Seven Seas Licenses ARIFURETA: FROM COMMONPLACE TO WORLD’S STRONGEST Manga Series - September 11, 2017
- TDM News Room – Section23 Films Announces December Slate - August 22, 2017
- TDM News Room – Mugi Tanaka Announces the Global Release of Her Self-Published Art Book “URBAN” - August 14, 2017
The following is a press release by Impact Gameworks
Impact Gameworks’ TANGLEDEEP is almost here!
Inspired by classic SNES-era RPGs, this polished turn-based roguelike RPG is set to arrive on Steam Early Access next Wednesday, July 19 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Tangledeep features impeccable pixel art along with a stirring score by lead developer and award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – accompanied by legends Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth). The game is sure to scratch that roguelike itch in epic 16-bit fashion 🙂
For hundreds of years, people have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of underground settlements and villages – where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep,” a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above…
Explore sprawling dungeons, conquer bizarre foes, and experience a new adventure with every playthrough. Each floor is filled with magical beasts, ancient automatons, dangerous environments, and hybrid biomes – requiring patience as well as skill to be successfully navigated.
Tangledeep features a robust and customizable job system, with 9 unique jobs to master. The game also supports a number of features designed to give players the perfect level of challenge. You can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath – or simply return to town upon death, for example. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system – or by planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
Are you ready to take on the fearsome wonders of Tangledeep?
* Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated gameplay as you complete quests and collect items.
* Master deep, tactical combat across 9 unique jobs.
* Choose between two game modes – Heroic Mode (with permadeath – the way the game was intended to be played), and Adventure Mode (no permadeath).
* Share progress between characters by using a banking system – or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
* Take in the scenery – with stunning 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
* Play while listening to a beautiful soundtrack from award-winning composers.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Tangledeep will be available on Steam (Windows/Mac/Linux) on July 19 for $14.99.